Composition in Two Genres

Giovani Castillo Ortega

Professor Kelly McIntosh

Composition of Individual & Society

06 November 2020

Composition of Two Genres

Audience Strategies

For my first composition of the genre, I chose to make a poster that emphasizes the importance of wearing a mask. COVID-19 has made its impact on our world and is continuing to do so and its up to us to help and stop the spread of it. Mask have been proven to be a good way to stop the spread of the virus but there are people that forget to wear one or simply don’t see the importance in wearing one. The purpose of this poster is to show people how they can make a difference in fighting COVID-19. The big heading and vibrant colors are used to catch the attention of the reader to read the poster. The three sections are quick points on the effectiveness of a mask, its quick points so the reader can read it quickly and at the same time receive the message. The final line is also big to keep on emphasizing how much a single person can help. This poster would be placed in places where the general public would be able to clearly see it such as storefronts, cabs and billboards for drivers. As the creator of this poster I wanted to get the message that a single person can make a difference by wearing a mask and hopefully convince them to wear a mask.

For my second composition of genre, I chose to make a twitter post where I’m telling fellow users to “Just Wear A MASK.” I’m getting straight to the point with this post because it is that simple and straight forward, its not hard to wear a mask. With millions of users on Twitter, it’s a great way to get your thoughts to many other people in such an easy way. With the rise of COVID-19, it has been important to stop the spread as much as possible as we have seen with quarantine and restrictions on the amount of people that are allowed in a certain space. It has also been emphasized that wearing a mask is very important when you go outside or in spaces where others are. There are people that will not wear a mask due to it feeling uncomfortable, but they do not see the positives of wearing a mask. When they wear a mask, they can prevent the spread of the virus and are able to protect themselves and their loved ones. As a user I am posting my thoughts on Twitter where millions of other users can read my post.